Islamic Center of Southern California provides marriage service including counseling.
In order to get married one would need the following:
- A valid marriage license from the county or an official marriage certificate.
- Two Muslim witnesses (Witnesses must provide valid identification)- The Islamic center will not provide any witnesses.
- A valid identification such as driver license, passport, I.D., etc...
- All those under the age of 35 have to have taken our online Pre-Marriage course and present the certificate of completion before the marriage.
- $250 Fee payable to the Islamic Center (For Onsite Marriages).
- A dowry, i.e. a gift from the groom to the bride must be agreed upon before the service
To make an appointment contact Religious Director, Sh. Asim Buyuksoy at Tel: (213) 382-9200
You are also encouraged to particiapte in the following online Pre-Marital course offered in partnership with CLASSRoad.
A successful marriage doesn't just happen. It's not simply a matter of luck or finding the right person. It takes hard work and determination. This pre-marriage course will help you develop the skills needed to make sure you have a successful marriage filled with love, compassion and cooperation.
Beneficial for individuals contemplating marriage, prospective brides and grooms, family advisors, counselors, youth leaders and others.
- Noha Alshugairi, Marriage and Family Therapist
- Metra Azar-Salem, Marriage and Family Therapist
- Munira Ezzedine, Marriage and Family Therapist
- Jihad Turk, President, Bayan Claremont Islamic Graduate School
Instruction Time: Over 3 hours of video content, plus downloadable notes and online quizzes
- Myths vs. Realities of Marriage
- Self Reflection
- Qualities to Find in a Spouse
- How Do I get to Know Someone?
- Discussing Core Topics
- Marriage Compatibility
- The Importance of Commitment
Course Fee: $50/person (60 day access)
Enroll: This is a self-paced course. Once your enrollment has been processed, you can login at any time and go through the course topics at your own pace. The total duration of the course is 60 days from the date of enrollment. Access to the course will come to an end after that time period.
Once you've signed up and logged in, select "Enroll in Institution Courses" from the Courses menu to enroll in this course.