We are committed to providing quality service and guidance to all Muslims to assist in fulfilling the religious duties of performing proper Islamic burial for their decease. The Center provides local burial services at Rose Hills Memorial Park, out-of-state, or overseas transportation of the deceased.
The services include the following:
- Islamic burial preparation and mortuary facility for performing Ghusl (washing and preparing the body for burial in accordance to Islamic guidelines).
- Burial plot (grave) on the Islamic Cemetery section at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier, California.
- Janaza prayer at the gravesite.
The Center will coordinate the entire burial process, which includes the following:
- Transportation of the deceased from the place of death to the Burial Preparation Room at the Center.
- Arrangements to obtain all legal documents required (death certificate, burial or shipment permit, embassy certification, etc.) It is very important for the deceased's relatives to obtain the attending physician's signature on the death certificate as soon as possible following the death.
- Maintain the deceased overnight at the Center, if necessary.
- The Center provides specially trained volunteers to perform Ghusl.
Rose Hill Cemetery
- Transportation of the deceased from the Center to the Islamic Cemetery section at Rose Hills or any other cemetery for burial.
- Burial plots (graves) are available for purchase in the Islamic Cemetery section at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier.
- The Center's representative will lead the Janaza prayer at the gravesite.
- During weekdays, burial can be done in about 48 hours, provided that all documentation is completed before noon.
- Rose Hills charges an extra burial fee for weekend burials.
For Additional Burial Details Download the following documents: